Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

October Mini Musings



Lord of the Fly Fest:  This book was not good.  I get what the author was trying to do with the mash-up of Lord of the Flies and the disaster that was Fyre Festival.   IT's also a commentary on social media and influencers.  However, all of the characters were insufferable.  I'm honestly surprised I finished reading the book.  Even the main character who we are supposed to root for was not likable.  I don't recommend this one.

The Bone Field:  I enjoyed this second book featuring detective Kali Mahoe.  I liked this one more thn the first book.  I felt like I got to know the character more.  And the mystery was more engaging.  I will continue with the series. 


Vicious Creatures:
This one was OK.  I didn't love it and didn't hate it.  Honestly, it was a little forgettable.  I did like the overall story.  But I wanted more spooky creepiness. I never got it.  It was engaging enough to finish, but not enough to have the overall story stay with me weeks later.


Pretty Dead Girls:
  I definitely enjoyed this YA msytery.  I did guess the ending, but I still enjoyed the journey getting there.  I also liked the teen characters.  They didn't annoy me.  I do recommend this one.



No comments: