Pages

Monday, October 3, 2022

Books I DNF'd in September



Take My Husband:  I think I'm over reading about women who blame their husbands for their unhappiness.  I mean he is a jerk. but she isn't doing anything to help their situation either.  I found nothing funny about this.  Even dark comedies have some humor.  I DN'f about 30% in.  This is the second book I have DNF'd by this author.  Maybe she just isn't for me.

The Witches of Moonshyne Manor:  I quit this one fairly early on.  I really do not want to read about the raunchy sex lives of old women.  Especially one who has sex every night with random men and makes them forget later.  How is this different from slipping a woman a roofie?  Nope. I'm out.


Stay Awake
:  I was really sad to DNF this one.  I really was hoping this would better than Night Swim because I loved Escape Room.  But the book was boring. I never thought a book about amnesia could be boring, but here you go.  I also disliked the main character.  Better luck next time, I guess.


Killer Dreams
:  I wish I knew what was going on in this book, but it was clear about 25% in that I probably never would.  I was so confused.  I felt like there was a LOT of back story that I was missing.  

1 comment:

Ethan said...

The more I reflect on Stay Awake, the less I liked it. It was just so repetitive.