Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2022

October Books I DNF'd



Dead Flip:  I was so bored with this book.  It goes back and forth between timelines and perspectives.  The characters were boring.  I really didn't care to find out what happened with any of them.  There were way too many pop culture references that I'm not sure who the book was written for.  I say skip it.


Nightwork:
  I only made it into about 5% of this book before I gave up.  It pained me to do it because I love this author.  However, I really was put off by reading about a 12ish YO boy watching a couple have sex and having his first orgasm.  Nope, not something that needed to be included. 

The Midnight Club:  I'm not sure I understand what the hype is behind this book.  I quit after the 3rd story told by the club.  I was bored.  The stories were dumb and the characters were unlikable.  Dying or not, I didn't like any of them.  I'm wary of trying the Netflix show now. 


Sacrifice
:  I was very excited to dive into this book.  I ended up giving up at about 30%. I have no idea what was going on.  There were way too many characters to keep track of.  I honestly didn't care about any of them enough to finish and find out what happened.  The audiobook narrator was horrible and made everyone sound bland.  Maybe at some point I will try to physical book.

Old Country:  I am really tired of stories where people know valuable information, but dole it out sparingly or refuse to share it.  Even when that information could save someone's life.  In this story, the couple next door tell the main characters what they have to do to deal with the strange things on the ranch. But they don't give them a clue as to why or what happens if they don't carry out those tasks.  I'm all set with that.  The story was also kind of too peppy for a horror thriller.  That could have been due to the narrator choices.  



No comments: