Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2022

Review: Nothing More to Tell by Karen M. McManus

Author: Karen M. McManus
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: August 2022

True crime can leave a false trail.

Four years ago, Brynn left Saint Ambrose School following the shocking murder of her favorite teacher. The case was never solved, but she's sure that the three kids who found Mr. Larkin's body know more than they're telling, especially her ex-best friend Tripp Talbot. He's definitely hiding something.

When Brynn gets an internship working on a popular true-crime show, she decides to investigate what really happened that day in the woods. But the further she dives into the past, the more secrets she finds.

Four years ago someone got away with murder. Now it's time to uncover the truth . . .

Nothing More to Tell is a twisty YA Mystery full of secrets and red herrings.  Brynn wants to be an investigative journalist.  When she gets an internship for a popular true crime who, she pitches the mysterious death of her former teacher.  Can she figure out what really happened to him while navigating fitting into her old school?

I really enjoyed this one. I thought the characters were great.  I was never annoyed by them.  I found myself rooting for Brynn.  I enjoyed watching her  rekindle her friendship with Tripp.  It was very sweet. I also loved the relationship she had with her younger sister.  The msytery was really engaging.  I was kept guessing and I loved the multiple twists.  One of my favorite types of mysteries is when I don't know who to trust.  Ms. McManus has another winner on her hands.  I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.


No comments: