Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Waiting on You By Kristan Higgins

Author: Kristan Higgins
Publisher: Harlequin
Date of publication:  May 2014

Colleen O'Rourke is in love with love... just not when it comes to herself. Most nights, she can be found behind the bar at the Manningsport, New York, tavern she owns with her twin brother, doling out romantic advice to the lovelorn, mixing martinis and staying more or less happily single. See, ten years ago, Lucas Campbell, her first love, broke her heart... an experience Colleen doesn't want to have again, thanks. Since then, she's been happy with a fling here and there, some elite-level flirting and playing matchmaker to her friends.

But a family emergency has brought Lucas back to town, handsome as ever and still the only man who's ever been able to crack her defenses. Seems like maybe they've got some unfinished business waiting for them—but to find out, Colleen has to let her guard down, or risk losing a second chance with the only man she's ever loved.


I was looking for something to lift my mood and Waiting on You was just the thing.  After not loving the second book, The Perfect Match, I was a little wary about starting this one.  I was so happy to see that the humor that I loved in the first book in the series, The Best Man, is back stronger than ever in Waiting on You.  This book was hilarious and heartwarming.  I always love a book that can make me laugh out loud while I read it.  You guys also know I am a sucker for long lost love stories as well.

I loved Colleen and her sense of humor.  She has the uncanny ability to match up couples in town, yet she can't seem to ever find that special someone for herself.  It's probably because she never got over her first love, Lucas Campbell.  Now that he is back in town, she desperately wants to hold onto her heart.  I loved Lucas and Colleen together.  While it would have been nice for them to never have had to spend 10 years apart, I think that their relationship was stronger in the end after both having had time to mature a little.

I loved the parallel stories of Lucas's relationship with his dying uncle  and Colleen's relationship with her father.  The book was also rounded out nicely with the strong bond between Colleen and her twin brother, Connor, as well as Lucas and his cousin Bryce.  Of course, we also get to visit with past characters so that you feel like you are visiting with old friends.

This book renewed my love of the series.  I look forward to reading the next book!

No comments: